ASHLAND, Ore. -- Recology in Ashland has received multiple calls from concerned customers about recycling restrictions following the change in Medford's Rogue Disposal's recycling restrictions.
Jamie Rosenthal, Recology's Waste Zero Specialist in Ashland met with NewsWatch 12's Alicia Rubin to discuss the confusion, "There's a lot of confusion about recycling, a lot of papers and the news are talking about changes that are happening in Medford ... Ashland and Talent residents are extremely confused about whether those changes affect them or not."
While Rogue Disposal has changed their curbside recycling regulations to only include clean milk jugs, newspapers, tin and aluminum cans and cardboard; Recology in Ashland has not changed any recycling regulations.
Recology still excepts commingled recycling, glass containers, bottles and cans and cardboard for Ashland and Talent residents.
"Recology would like Ashland and Talent residents to know that nothing about your curbside recycling has changed. It’s never been a better time to double check that what you’re putting in your recycle cart actually goes but if you’ve been following that list just fine you’re doing great and keep up the good work," said Rosenthal.
- Ashland Recycling Regulations
- Ashland Water
- Ashland Chamber of Commerce
- Ashland Independent Film Festival
- Ashland Festival of Light
- Ashland surveying seniors
- TODAY: Ashland Recall Election
- New Regulations for Cannabis Production
- Rogue Disposal and Recycling: 'Wishful' Recycling Needs To End
- Authorities Bust California Recycling Racket