HEALTH ALERT --A new study suggests the toxic chemicals found in most cleaning products may be harmful to your lungs.
Researchers say regular use of house cleaners is just as harmful as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day. The study was published in a journal from the American Thoracic Society. It shows more than six thousand men and women around the world were tracked for 20 years. The women who used cleaning supplies daily either at home or at work, were linked to a sharp decline in lung capacity.
They also had a higher risk of asthma. It's unclear why the same trend was not seen in men but scientists suggest you ditch the sprays and clean using a cloth and water instead. Or use products with safe disinfectant and organic ingredients like rubbing alcohol.