EUGENE, Ore. (AP) - Authorities are investigating the death of a 53-year-old woman being held at the Lane County Jail in Eugene.
Lane County Sheriff's Sgt. Carrie Caver tells The Register-Guard that the sheriff's office and the medical examiner are investigating after Jacqueline Suzette Cowans died in her cell at about 11 a.m. Friday.
The cause of death hasn't been determined. Authorities say Cowans asked to speak with medical staff but was unresponsive when a deputy returned.
She was being held on charges of unlawful delivery of methadone, first-degree burglary and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Information from: The Register-Guard, http://www.registerguard.com
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
2/10/2018 1:09:46 PM (GMT -8:00)
- Lane County Authorities Investigating Inmate's Death
- BREAKING NEWS: OSP Is Investigating Death of Curry County Jail Inmate
- Oregon County Pays $2.8 Million in Mentally Ill Inmate's Death
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigate Suspicious Death
- Klamath County Woman's Mysterious Death Sparks Investigation
- Inmate's Selfie Sparks Investigation at Pennsylvania Prison
- Authorities increase reward for info on escaped inmate
- Death Investigation in Cave Junction
- Texas spares death row inmate's life minutes before execution
- Toddler's death being investigated as homicide in St. Louis County