CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. -- On Friday March 9th, a Senior Thrift Store employee found an M60 Military Mortar in a donated box.
The employee called 911 and Josephine County Sheriff's Office deputies evacuated the building and the surrounding area. After confirming the description of the mortar and its location within the building, the Oregon State Police Bomb Squad was contacted and responded to the scene.
The Oregon State Police Bomb Squad removed the mortar from the building. The Bomb Squad determined the mortar was a military training round. The mortar was inert and posed no danger to the public.
The Josephine County Sheriff’s Office requests the public to call 911 immediately if you find any item you suspect might be an explosive device.
- Thrift Store Employee Finds Mortar in Box of Donations
- Live WWII Mortar Shell Found In Gold Hill Home
- Storing Bulbs
- List of Official Ballot Drop Box Sites
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Finding Affordable Housing
- FDA Recalls Donated Chia Seeds
- Box Of Manure Sent To Treasury Secretary Mnuchin
- Castrated Dog Finds New Home
- Finding New Smoke in Smoke