WASHINGTON (AP) - The U.S. Secret Service says a person has been arrested outside the White House.
In a statement, it says the unidentified person was arrested Thursday night for assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, threatening bodily harm and destruction of property.
The federal agency says White House operations were not impacted. More details were not made available.
The arrest came days after 26-year-old Cameron Ross Burgess fatally shot himself in front of the White House. Metropolitan police said in a Tuesday report that Burgess was found Saturday with a bullet wound to the head and a gun by his right side. The Secret Service said gunshots were not aimed at the White House.
- US Secret Service: Person Arrested Outside White House
- White City House Fire
- UPDATE: Deputies Arrest Wanted White City Man
- CORE Business Services
- Service For Soldiers
- 7 Secrets to a Happy Marriage, According to Experts
- Hope Hicks is resigning from the White House
- VA Chief Nominee Withdraws But Remains White House Doctor
- Suspect in Tennessee Waffle House Shooting Arrested
- Man Arrested for White City Hit and Run