MEDFORD, Ore.--In a week eight non-league matchup, the North Medford Black Tornado were simply aiming to work out the kinks in preparation for next week's playoff-fate deciding matchup against Willamette.
North Medford (2-6, 2-3) ultimately fell to McNary (6-2) 40-20, as the Celtics relied on a standout performance from running back Junior Walling to pave the way.
Walling dazzled with a one-handed catch down the seam, a full extension stretch to reach the goal line on a touchdown run, and a scoop and score at the halftime buzzer.
The Black Tornado will look to secure the Southwest Conference's fourth and final playoff on the road next week against the Wolverines (2-6, 1-4).
- Friday Night Blitz: North Medford Falls to McNary, Regular Season Finale to Decide Playoff Fate
- Friday Night Blitz: North Medford Clinches Playoff Berth With Decisive Win Over Willamette
- Friday Night Blitz: Crater Clinches Playoff Spot With Win Over North Eugene
- Friday Night Blitz: St. Mary's Shocked at Lakeview, Likely Eliminated from Playoff Contention
- Friday Night Blitz: Freshman Bradd Shines for Eagle Point On Senior Night, Eagles Fall to Marist
- Friday Night Blitz: South Medford Topples Roseburg, Showdown with Sheldon Awaits
- Friday Night Blitz: South Medford Handles Sheldon With Ease, Clinches SWC
- Oregonians Deciding Fate of Pioneering Sanctuary State Law
- Friday Night Blitz: Churchill Wraps Up Perfect Season with Rout of Crater
- Friday Night Blitz: Ashland Sticks Around But Falls to Surging Thurston