JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. --
UPDATE 12/16 10:20 am
Oregon State Police say the women is 66 year old Vallerie Miller. She is from California.
A woman died in a single car crash along Highway 140 near milepost 30 in Jackson County at around 5 P.M. on Thursday night.
Police say that the driver was traveling east on the highway in her Jeep SUV when her she left the roadway — sliding down an embankment and crashing into a tree.
The woman was the only person in the vehicle, and was pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities have not yet released her identity.
Police say "winter weather conditions" contributed to the crash.
- UPDATE: Woman Dies in Single-Car Crash on Highway 140 in Jackson County
- Shady Cove Man Dies in Highway 140 Head-On Crash
- Troopers Patrol Highway 140 Intersection
- Highway 140 Closed Near Mile Marker 22
- Deadly Crash Blocks Traffic on Highway 140 Near White City
- All Lanes Open on Highway 140 Following Multi-Vehicle Crash
- 2 Killed in Highway 140 Crash near Kershaw Road
- Driver Killed in Passing Crash on Highway 140
- UPDATE: Victim Identified In Single-Car Crash Near Robertson Bridge
- Pedestrian Killed in Crash Along Highway 99 in Jackson County