MEDFORD, Ore. -- Medford Fire-Rescue officials want to remind people of a FREE special alert system used during emergencies. If you sign up, you'll receive an alert that can inform you during fires, floods, unexpected road closures, missing persons and evacuations.
This notification system helps local officials provide you with critical information quickly in a variety of situation. In the event of an emergency, local officials will use the Citizen Alert system's emergency notification function to call homes and businesses in the affected area. This function will only call landline phones. If you do not have a landline phone, you will not be notified unless you register another contact option. If you register other contact options, such as your cell phone, work phone or email, you can be notified even when you're not at home.
You specify how you want to be contacted. For example, you can tell the system to call your cell phone and work phones, or just text your phone or send an email. Whichever form of communication works best for you. You can also specify multiple locations in Jackson County you care about, such as your house, your parent's house, or your kids' school.
For more information and to sign up, click here.
- Alert system to notify locals during emergencies
- Health Alert: Stress and Your Cardiovascular System
- Cryptic Emergency Alert Panics Salem Area Residents
- Oregon Pot Growers Now Must Notify Officials About Harvests
- Should Netflix and Hulu give you emergency alerts?
- Free emergency alert can send notifications through text, email
- Health Alert: "Man Flu"