The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office has confirmed a child died near Applegate Lake over Memorial Day weekend.
The incident happened in a creek in California, about 12 miles south of Applegate Lake.
No other details are being released at this time. Initial calls to police reported a drowning but the Sherriff’s Office says they are waiting on a coroner's report to determine the cause of death.
This is a developing story and we do expect to have a press release from the sheriff's office, detailing more information, in the coming days.
- Child dies near Applegate Lake
- Deputies Investigate Possible Shooting at Applegate Lake
- Keep teens safe as Applegate Lake nears opening
- Applegate Valley Fire District Warns of Possible Smoke Alarm Scam
- UPDATE: Fire Crews Contain Grass Fire in Applegate Valley
- Leaders Wanted! Applegate Nonprofit Looking to Create Professional Networks
- Panther Gulch Fire in Applegate now 20% contained
- Multiple lightning-caused fires spark in the Applegate Valley
- Cold and frosty start to Friday for Rogue, Applegate & Illinois Valleys
- UPDATE: Fire crews from multiple agencies respond to wildfire in Applegate Valley