CENTRAL POINT, Ore-- A Thanksgiving miracle Thursday afternoon as firefighters were able to save a home from burning to the ground.
Around 4:00 p.m. Thursday afternoon, firefighters from Fire District 3 and Medford Fire where called to 250 Wilson Road in Central Point.
Once firefighters arrived to the scene, crews discovered flames inside the kitchen that had moved their away up into the attic of the home.
During that time, firefighters were able to rescue the family's dog and stop the flames from spreading further throughout the structure.
NewsWatch 12 has learned that the family was not home at the time of the fire and as of Thursday night, it is believed that the fire was accidental.
However, because of fire and smoke damage inside the home, firefighters have told NewsWatch 12 that the home is unlivable.
Fire crews are still trying to determine the exact cause of the fire, but it is not believed by Fire District 3 that the fire was caused because of a Thanksgiving meal.