HUGO, Ore. —
UPDATE: The southbound lanes of I-5 are open again at milepost 70, according to ODOT. However, traffic remains backed up for about three miles.
"Expect delays and congestion until the queue clears," ODOT said.
(Updated 6/17/19 at 4:10 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Both southbound lanes of I-5 are blocked on the climb up Sexton Summit after a semi-truck lost an axle, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT).
"ODOT on scene. Expect delays and congestion. Tows are enroute," the agency said.
The closure is at milepost 70, just south of Sunny Valley. This is a developing story, and the article will be updated as more details emerge.
- I-5 southbound lanes open again near Sunny Valley following semi crash
- I-5 southbound lanes closed due to crash
- Crash on I-5 in Medford Closes Southbound Slow Lane
- UPDATE: Southbound Lanes Cleared After Multiple Vehicle Crash On I-5
- People escape car fire on I-5 southbound
- UPDATE: Crash Cleared on I-5 Near Sunny Valley
- All Northbound Lanes Of I-5 Now Open
- UPDATE: I-5 Northbound Lanes Back Open After Watermelon Truck Crash
- All Lanes Of I-5 Now Open Following Car Crash
- I-5 northbound lanes open north of Central Point following crash