MEDFORD, Ore. -- Traditionally Valentine's Day is a time to shower your loved ones with chocolates, roses, and affection. For one local bar, that is definitely not the case.
Jefferson Spirits is taking a unique twist on Valentine's Day, by hosting a singles sanctuary at the bar. This is to celebrate the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
In a post on Facebook, the bar says, "any couple outwardly showing displays of affection on this day- such as holding hands, kissing, or whispering sweet nothings- will be gunned down in cold blood with one of the 24 water pistols distributed throughout the building."
Jefferson Spirits says many places around the area cater to couples, and for today only, it will not be one of those places.
The bar warns that they will shoot you with water until you are soaked!
- Jefferson Spirits Hosts Singles Sanctuary
- Jefferson Awards
- Texas Strikes Back Against Sanctuary Cities
- Expanded sanctuary state rules advance in Washington
- Local Leaders Weigh In On Oregon's Sanctuary Status
- Orange County Joins Lawsuit Against California for Sanctuary Laws
- Proposed Repeal of Oregon Sanctuary Law Makes Fall Ballot
- US Court Declares President Trump's 'Sanctuary Cities' Order Illegal
- Josephine County Sheriff Weighs in on 'Sanctuary Law' Repeal
- Oregonians Deciding Fate of Pioneering Sanctuary State Law