TALENT, Ore. — What began with a simple trespassing call on Monday morning ended with two arrests and closure on an earlier burglary case, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
Just before 6 a.m., someone living in the 6800-block of Wagner Creek Road in Talent called dispatch to report a "suspicious vehicle" parked on her property with two men inside. When deputies and officers from Talent Police arrived at the scene, they soon arrested both men, identified as 37-year-old Jacob Steven Emerson and 24-year-old Dane Michael Burke.
According to JCSO, the deputies found that their vehicle, a brown 1977 Chevrolet pickup, had been reported stolen following a burglary on June 13 at a vacant home in the 4000-block of Old Stage Road.
"Items taken in the burglary, as well as other stolen property, were recovered from the vehicle. The owners of the stolen property were contacted," JCSO said.
Emerson was lodged in the Jackson County jail for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle; first degree burglary; first degree theft; first degree criminal trespass; and second degree criminal trespass. JCSO said that Emerson also had warrants for probation violation on prior convictions for unlawful distribution of methamphetamine, attempting to elude police, and reckless endangerment.
Burke was lodged in the Jackson County jail for first degree burglary; first degree theft; first degree criminal trespass; and second degree criminal trespass.
Deputies say this case is an example of why it’s important to report suspicious activity in your neighborhood, even if it doesn’t seem like a major case at the time.
“You never know how it will turn out,” said JCSO Sgt. Julie Denney. “This case started with a vehicle parked without permission on someone’s driveway, but deputies were able to clear a burglary case and return stolen property to the rightful owners.”
Suspicious activity can be reported to the non-emergency dispatch line at (541) 776-7206. For emergencies, call 911.
- Sheriff: Two men arrested with stolen truck full of stolen goods after trespassing call
- Sheriff: Couple Arrested After GPS Tracker Hidden in Stolen Package
- Two Arrested For Trespassing At Vacant Home
- Medford Salvation Army truck stolen, recovered by police
- Man Calls Police to Help Find His Stolen Meth
- Police Guns Pulled While Arresting Stolen Car Suspect
- Stolen Van Full of Show Dogs Recovered by Police in Redding
- Brookings K9 'Hulk' helps officers track suspects in stolen goods case
- Stolen Van Used For Crime Spree
- New Playground Equipment Stolen Days Before Opening