WILLIAMS, Ore. — Two suspects are now in custody following a robbery at the Williams General Store on Wednesday morning, according to the Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
An employee of the store called 911 at 10:45 a.m., reporting that the store had just been robbed. When deputies and troopers from Oregon State Police arrived at the scene, they secured the store and looked for the suspects, who had reportedly fled in a vehicle just before officers arrived.
Further investigation found that a man and a woman had walked into the store with their faces covered, approaching the cashier. The woman leveled a stun gun at the hapless clerk while the man went to rob the store's safe, taking "an undisclosed amount of money."
"During this time, the female suspect discharged the stun gun at the cashier, however did not make contact with the cashier," JCSO said.
According to investigators, the pair did not make any verbal threats during the robbery, but fled the scene in a "white compact car" after obtaining the money.
The cashier, who was unhurt in the robbery, was able to identify the man "based on prior contacts at the store and video surveillance." After that — less than an hour after the 911 call — deputies found 31-year-old Frankie Donallan Bradley and 31-year-old Heather Renee Larson in the same white car parked 4.5 miles up Upper Powell Creek Road. Larson was trying to dye her hair a different color, JCSO said.
Deputies took both suspects into custody, finding the stun gun used during the robbery. The money has still not been recovered. Larson and Bradley have each been charged with Robbery in the First Degree, Theft in the First Degree, and Unlawful Use of a Stun Gun.
- Sheriff: Two suspects accused of Williams store robbery at stun gun-point
- Neighbors Shocked at Gun Point Robbery
- Suspects Identified in Central Point Armed Robbery
- Suspect in Central Point Armed Robbery Arrested in Texas, Extradited
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Sheriff: Armed Robbery Suspect was Wearing a 'Scream' Mask
- Sheriff: Suspect Attempted Arson by Firing Flare Gun
- Central Point Police Looking For Burglary Suspect
- Central Point Police Investigate Armed Robbery of Taxi Cab Driver
- Police: Man Arrested for Baskin Robbins Knife-point Robbery