YREKA, Calif. -- Many Siskiyou County voters are ready to see the state turn red after this midterm election.
There’s been a steady stream of voters pulling into the polls in Siskiyou County.
“That's my duty and that's what I should do. It's what we should do. It’s the power of the American people. We all have a responsibility to a nation, to a community, to one another to vote," voter Joyce Von Tickner said.
According to the Siskiyou County Clerk Colleen Setzer, about 8,500 vote by mail ballots have already been counted. One voter said this election is extremely important.
"Just so I can put my two cents in the pot. If I don't put in my two cents, I can't complain about what happens in the state so it's important to get out and vote today," voter Larry French noted.
One of the big races in California is for Governor and it’s between Democrat Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom and Republican John Cox. This election is the first time in a while a Republican candidate is even on the ballot for Governor of California. Many voters are hoping to turn the state red starting with a republican governor. Tickner said she's ready to see Cox become the next Governor of California Tuesday.
"You just can't fight the majority of these liberals in our state that's ruining our state. We have to fight back and we fight back with voting. One at a time. All of us,” she added.
County Clerk Setzer has been stopping by the different polling places across the county. She said she's noticed more people are out voting during this midterm election than the last one in 2014.
- Siskiyou County Voters Hope for Republican Governor
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigate Suspicious Death
- Winter Storm Warning Issued for Siskiyou County
- State of Emergency Declared in Siskiyou County
- California National Guard Arrives In Siskiyou County
- CASA of Siskiyou County Looking for Volunteers
- Two People Found Dead in Siskiyou County
- Siskiyou County Fire Crews Help Fight Southern California Wildfires
- Kids No Longer Stay Overnight at Siskiyou County Corrections Center
- Teacher Who Fled With Teen to Siskiyou County Pleads Guilty