SHADY COVE, Ore. – The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO) invites local residents to chat over a cup of coffee this Tuesday in Shady Cove.
The “Coffee with a Cop” event will be held from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. on January 22, 2019, at Mac’s Diner, 21900 Highway 62.
JCSO plans "Coffee with a Cop" events quarterly, hosted by local businesses around the county. The informal setting allows citizens to interact with deputies when they aren’t busy with emergencies, investigations, and other duties. There is no charge to attend and partake in coffee; attendees have the option to purchase food items on their own.
“Coffee with a Cop” originated in 2011 in Hawthorne, Calif., as a way for local law enforcement officers to engage with community members. Since then, the idea has spread across the United States and beyond.
Those who are interested can learn more about “Coffee with a Cop” HERE.
- You're Invited: Jackson County "Coffee With A Cop" In Shady Cove
- "Coffee With a Cop" aims to create better police and community relationships
- Shady Cove Re-Evaluating Recreational Marijuana Ban
- Shady Cove School Closed today (2/15/19)
- UPDATE: Deputies Find Lost Woman in Shady Cove
- Shady Cove Man Dies in Highway 140 Head-On Crash
- UPDATE: Suspect in Shady Cove Shooting Turns Himself In
- Police: Accused Shady Cove Shooter Acted in Self-Defense
- Highway 62 Paving Monday evening for Shady Cove residents
- Shady Cove Library to Host Mental Health Awareness Class